The Smart is purely classically designed multi-purpose wood, which was developed for the new plastic balls. Combined with four ash veneers with cork veneers in between, it should combine classic ball control on both sides in such a way that attack and defense become child’s play. If you prefer a fast-paced game, simply turn the blade 180 ° and play the backhand with the notches facing down in the grip on the forehand.
Every playing surface, whether normal, pimple or (G) anti in combination, can be used on this competition racket. Thanks to its 4 mm core veneer, this Re-Impact blade is light and very easy to master even in difficult situations, and very effective for all types of hits. Especially above the table, the high level of control and great dynamics allow a quick and precise attack as well as a subtle defense. Therefore, the Smart has become an extremely dangerous multi-function bat for the opponent. Because the ball develops a very flat trajectory at or near the table, it is easy to apply real pressure from a distance. The new sluggish plastic balls will develop very good spin because of the lower strength of the competition racket. The Smart is the classic combination blade for tacticians, who want to let the opponent run away. A special new feature is the following playing behavior: If you play more passively with the racket, this new racket regulates the pace itself, and if you play more aggressively, the same racket regulates the pace behavior again. So you can always control the interrelationship between speed and defensive behavior, because the competition racket has excellent ball control.
Each blade is hand made in Germany to perfection by Achim Rendler who also makes some blades for Dr Neubauer.
For opponents the Smart is very dangerous. It is insensitive to spin on its backhand. Even away from the table it allows great speed production. The ball trajectory is flat, which allows putting pressure on the opponent even from a distance. The Smart is the classic combination paddle for tacticians.
Re-Impact blades are optimised for right or left hand players. We are currently only stocking Right handed versions. If you require a left handed version please get in touch.
More Information and Special Orders
Re-Impact make high end table tennis blades for players of all ability including top professionals. They also specialise in completely bespoke blades tailored to the individual. If you require a completely unique made to order blade and don’t mind waiting you can order direct from Re-Impact in Germany or get in touch with us.
Multifunctional game features
Excellent ball control = 100%.
Excellent block counter behaviour = 100%.
very good all-round defence behaviour 70 %
Excellent cut and spin development 100%.
excellent short and short game due to speed reduction = 100 %
Exact baseline play due to precise placement of the ball = 100%.
Note: Weight indication is supplied by Re-Impact, and is a rough indication of the weight for the ‘Standard’ size blade. The ‘Medium’ and ‘Large’ size blades will be a little heavier. Since wood is a natural product, there will always be some variation in weight. If the actual weight is important to you, please contact us and we can advice what weights we have in stock.
Note: A faster combination blade, suitable for powerful forehand attack with huge spin, and backhand control for short ball placement and blocks. No restriction on suitability of forehand rubber. Highly recommended for anti-spin rubbers on the backhand. Suitable for active play.
These blades are custom made, one by one, in Germany by one of the most high regarded blade design and manufacturer Re-Impact, and are not mass produced like most other blades in current times.
What’s so special about Re-Impact? Are they worth the money?
Re-Impact (aka Rendler) is a specialist blade maker based in Germany. The Geniuses behind the company are brothers Achim and Eugen Rendler (Eugen unfortunately passed away in 2009) who’s expertise is well known in Germany, and by other manufacturers. Several other manufacturers use Re-Impact to make their own blade and re-badge them, and these are usually sold at higher prices. Dr Neubauer gets some of their top specialised blades made by Re-Impact, as they know very well these blade cannot be mass produced and require the experience of a top blade maker.
A description of what sets the Re-Impact custom blades apart from other mass produced blades is given below:
“The competition blades by “Re-Impact” have something that other blades will never have;
- Maximum control. Re-Impact products are built like musical instruments. You can hear and feel what is transferred at each ball contact harmonically. Because of that, even offensive blades have a excellent combination of Offensive and Defensive abilities and can therefore be used for all basic strokes. Our blades also have
- More spin creation potential than the competitors blades. The ability to produce spin by itself is a popular measurement between each of our blades. This is achieved through a complex harmony between the inner layers of the blade and the asymmetric construction, which creates a targeted vibration which is transferred to the upper plies which is then transferred to the rubber which increases spin.
- Our blades have a enlarged sweet spot similar to carbon blades with the difference that our blades have no plies of any material and are 100% made from wood. Re-Impact are competition blades which are 100% in compliance with the ITTF technical leaflet T 4. Therefore we only produce blades that are 100% compliant with ITTF rules.
- The thicker the blades are, the higher the catapult-effect. Re-Impact products produce speeds like the rubbers would have been fresh glued because the catapult effect of the blades is very strong! The physical properties of the plies used in the construction are not being restricted. The physical vibration between the layers is passed from one to another layer without producing a linear vibration like in other balsa woods. The catapult properties are always controllable. Because of that, the choice of the right rubber at some models is very important in order for the rubber and blade to be in complete harmony to prevent rubber and wood working against each other..
- Re-Impact blades produce reduced feedback due to their asymmetric Racket shape. The goal is (also through very light weight of the blades), to take load of f the arm and shoulders. They feel like a feather in active play.
- Some of the Re-Impact blades have two different sides of play, and are specifically designed for left or right handers. How is something like that possible? It’s actually very simple. The ball always arrives at the blade diagonally. The wood is always less elastic in the direction of the wood grains if the direction of movement is against the direction of the wood grains. At Re-Impact, the thickest layer is cross-glued. The ‘body vibration-impulse conductor system’ (KSLS – System) is developed in a way that the audible and sensed vibration are always directed against the direction of the wood grain. You visibly can determine the KSLS system through the cuts in the handle area on one side only. If you have a right handed version in front of you, the cuts are on the right side of the handle if the blade is laying on the table. For some of our other blades, the cross direction of the main ply runs diagonally from right top to left bottom and the speed from forehand to backhand is completely identical because both of the KSLS-System which directs the vibration against the wood grains, which increases feel and reduces speed.
- Some of our combination blades have little catapult on the backhand and high catapult on the FH. Because the backhand is designed to be slower it has the best ball feeling and is great in taking the pace off the ball.
For those blades that consist predominantly of Balsa wood, it is wise to offer some protection from damage. A thick edge tape or several layers of normal edge tape is highly recommended.
Due to the high catapult behavior of the many of the re-impact blades, often a reduction in sponge thickness is recommended. With a thinner sponge you get better control and feel of the ball on the blade, and the blade already offer more catapult effect compared to regular blades, so a thicker sponge is not required.
Re-Impact blades offer:
- Lightweight blades (often below 60 g!)
- Huge sweet-spots
- A unique combination of control, spin and speed
- A so far unrivaled feedback with a significantly improved sensitivity
- Very comfortable grips with softened edges